Undergraduate Catalog | 2021-2022 Previous Edition
Department of Global Studies
The Department of Global Studies brings together perspectives from the social sciences and the humanities to study cultural, economic, political and geographic issues from around the world. It provides a truly interdisciplinary worldview to address the most pressing global challenges of the 21st century. An undergraduate major (B.A.) in International Studies, as well as minors in International Studies and Holocaust, Genocide, and Human Rights are offered. The Global Studies major encourages students to concentrate on critical issues of a global nature - peace and conflict, development and sustainability, comparative genocide and human rights. Advanced foreign language competency is also emphasized to enhance a student’s research and communication. Finally, students are encouraged to participate in an international experience which can take the form of experiential learning (e.g., an internship abroad), an exchange program at a foreign university, or a study abroad experience. These experiences are intended to broaden students’ appreciation of the distinctiveness of other environments and cultures while augmenting their preparation for future study or participation in an increasingly globalized workforce.
- International Studies, Asian Studies Concentration, B.A.
- International Studies, Development and Sustainability Concentration, B.A.
- International Studies, European Studies Concentration, B.A.
- International Studies, Holocaust, Genocide, and Human Rights Concentration, B.A.
- International Studies, Peace, Conflict, and Identity Concentration, B.A.