Jun 03, 2023  
Undergraduate Catalog | 2019-2020 
Undergraduate Catalog | 2019-2020 Previous Edition

Academic Appeal and Grievance Procedures

Academic appeals and grievances are generally addressed by the college where the appeal or grievance arises or, if no particular college is appropriate, by the Office of the Registrar. Undergraduate students may appeal an academic suspension by submitting a written statement online to the Office of the Registrar at registrar.uncc.edu/students/academic-suspension.

Decisions about suspension appeals are made by the chair of the department in which the student is enrolled or the dean of University College if the student’s major is undeclared.  For all other academic appeals, including recommendations of approval, undergraduate students must complete an “Academic Petition,” found online at registrar.uncc.edu/forms or via Banner Self Service online at https:selfservice.uncc.edu.

For additional information on grievances, see University Policy 411, “Student Grievance Procedure,” online at legal.uncc.edu/policies/up-411.