Exceptional undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte may apply to this Early Entry Program to begin work toward a graduate degree before completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of at least 75 earned undergraduate credit hours applicable to the B.S.M.E. degree
- Minimum 3.2 overall undergraduate GPA
- Acceptable scores on the GRE (Exceptional undergraduate students with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above may receive an automatic waiver of the GRE requirement)
- Submit application online at mygradschool.uncc.edu and provide supporting documents
- Recommendation by the Graduate Program Director and approval by The Graduate School
Continued Enrollment Requirements
- Completion of Early Entry Program Form prior to registering for graduate coursework each semester
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate students are allowed to take only 15 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree
This Early Entry Program is also accelerated; up to 12 credit hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours. In other words, up to 12 credit hours of graduate coursework may be “double counted” toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
For additional details on Early Entry to Graduate Programs, see the “Degree Requirements and Academic Policies” section of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate Admissions website at gradadmissions.uncc.edu/admissions/early-entry.
For details about the full requirements for this degree program, see the program listing in the Graduate Catalog.