The B.S.B.A. in Finance with Concentration in Real Estate provides students with fundamental knowledge and skills to analyze and negotiate commercial real estate. The curriculum incorporates concepts such as architecture, economics, finance, and geography to highlight the collaborative nature of the real estate industry. Students will find careers in property management, asset management, urban planning, and land development, as well as related areas such as finance, and investments. The Belk College of Business faculty members incorporate theory and real world application to allow students to address trends and issues within the industry.
Admission Requirements (Pre-Business)
Freshmen admission is competitive. Students who apply for this major and are accepted in to the Belk College of Business are initally classified as Pre-Business (PBUS) majors. Students interested in pursuing a major in Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or Operations and Supply Chain Management should seek admission to the Pre-Business program to ensure appropriate advising and support. Students who complete the Progression Requirements listed below may declare an upper-division major in Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 overall and 2.5 in Progression Courses listed below
- Pre-Major/Prerequisite/Progression Courses:
- ACCT 2121
- ACCT 2122
- BUSN 1101
- ECON 2101
- ECON 2102
- INFO 2130
- MATH 1120, MATH 1121, MATH 1241, or MATH 1242
- STAT 1220, STAT 1221, STAT 1222, or STAT 2122
[A minimum grade of C is required for all Progression Courses. Students may attempt each of the Progression Courses listed above a maximum of two times.An attempt is defined as a course that is completed with a final grade of A, B, C, D, or F.Courses repeated under the UNC Charlotte Grade Replacement Policy are excluded from the GPA computation, but will count as an attempt.Otherwise, all grades earned in repeated courses are included in the GPA computation.]
- Declaration of Major and/or Progression Requirements: Junior standing (60 credit hours or more); Pre-Business Requirements listed above; approved Change of Major form. Pre-Business students should submit Change of Major forms to an Academic and Career Coach in the Belk College of Business Niblock Student Center. Students who fail to declare their upper-division major on time will be prohibited from declaring their upper-division major in the College if their GPA falls below a 2.5. Students who do not meet the Progression Requirements above are ineligible for continuation in the Belk College of Business.
Transfer students interested in pursuing a Major in Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or Operations and Supply Chain Management should seek admission to the Pre-Business program. Transfer admission requirements for the Pre-Business major include the following:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 overall and 2.5 in equivalent Progression Courses completed
- Pre-Major/Prerequisite/Progression Courses: See Progression Courses above
The following courses are required for a B.S.B.A. degree in Finance with a Concentration in Real Estate. Students may attempt each of these courses two times.
Business Core Courses (27 credit hours)
Major Courses (15 credit hours)
Restricted Elective Course (3 credit hours)
Select one of the following:
Unrestricted Elective Courses
As needed to complete the credit hours required for graduation.
Degree Total = 120 Credit Hours
To obtain this degree, students must meet the University requirements of a GPA of at least 2.0 overall and in the courses for the major. Students must earn a minimum grade of C in all required Progression, Core, and Major Courses. When students repeat a course, both the old and new grades are included in the major and overall GPA. Courses repeated under the Grade Replacement Policy are excluded from the major and overall GPA computation. However, this repeated course does count as an attempt. Students must also meet the Belk College of Business residency requirements listed under the “Degree Requirements” heading on the main College of Business page.
For details about the Business Honors Program, visit the program page .