Exceptional undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte may apply to this Early Entry Program to begin work toward a graduate degree before completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of at least 75 undergraduate credit hours (although it is expected that close to 90 credit hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- Minimum 3.5 overall undergraduate GPA
- Submit application online at mygradschool.uncc.edu and provide supporting documents
- Recommendation by the Graduate Program Director and approved by the Graduate School
Test scores from the GRE are NOT required of Early Entry applicants to the Health Informatics and Analytics program. Instead, Early Entry applicants must meet with the Graduate Program Director prior to submitting an application. Applicants must submit all other elements of a standard graduate application to the program.
Continued Enrollment Requirements
- Completion of Early Entry Program Form, and approved by the Undergraduate Coordinator, Graduate Program Director, and Graduate School, prior to registering for graduate coursework each semester
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate students are allowed to take only 12 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree
Accelerated Program/Double-Counted Courses
This Early Entry Program is also accelerated; up to 9 credit hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours. In other words, up to 9 credit hours of graduate coursework may be “double counted” toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
For additional details on Early Entry to Graduate Programs, see the “Degree Requirements and Academic Policies” section of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate Admissions website at gradadmissions.uncc.edu/admissions/early-entry.
For details about the full requirements for this degree program, see the program listing in the Graduate Catalog.