Exceptional undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte may apply to this Early Entry Program to begin work toward a graduate degree before completion of the baccalaureate degree. Students graduate with a BSN and then a MSN. Note: Early Entry is only available for Advanced Clinical Nursing and Systems/Populations Nursing. Nurse Anesthesia Across the Lifespan, Family Nurse Practitioner, and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner do not admit Early Entry students.
All program-level Admissions and Progression Requirements are in addition to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte Admission Requirements.
Current UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Students
- See University Admission Requirements
- Completion of at least 75 undergraduate credit hours (although it is expected that close to 90 credit hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- Completion of all criteria for admission to the RN-to-BSN Program (all prerequisites taken)
- One year of professional nursing practice is recommended
- Minimum 3.2 overall undergraduate GPA
- Acceptable scores on the appropriate graduate standardized test (e.g., GRE)
- Submit application online at gradadmissions.charlotte.edu/apply and provide supporting documents
- Recommendation by the Graduate Program Director and approved by the Graduate School
- Completion of Early Entry Program Form, and approved by the Undergraduate Coordinator, Graduate Program Director, and Graduate School, prior to registering for graduate coursework each semester
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Successful completion of the BSN with a GPA of 3.0 in the RN-to-BSN program
- Undergraduate students are allowed to take only 15 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree.
Special Policies or Requirements
Up to 10 credit hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours (i.e., up to 10 credit hours of graduate coursework may be double-counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees).
Credit hours for NURN 3103 are awarded upon successful completion of NURN 4450.
For additional details on Early Entry to Graduate Programs, see the “Degree Requirements and Academic Policies” section of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate Admissions website at gradadmissions.charlotte.edu/admissions/early-entry.
For details about the full requirements for this degree program, see the program listing in the Graduate Catalog.